My Friends

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The lonely little Christmas cactus flower

Some time this summer a piece of my Christmas or Thanksgiving cactus broke off and I stuck it into my Aloe cactus plants container. Today I was in the laundry room folding clothes and I noticed something pink poking out from the back of the container.  I turned it around and low and behold this lonely little Cactus blossom was smiling back at me.. It this not just the most precious little flower. Yes, I admit that it is totally dwarfed by the size of my Aloe plant as it is a very healthy specimen.
Now, this is the mother plant that it came from. It has just begun to produce its annual Thanksgiving day
explosion of beautiful little blossoms. Minus the one that found its way to the Aloe plant.  It has found a foster home.

3 comments:

nancy huggins said...

I love getting little surprizes like that too. Now you can put it in its own pot and watch it grow :)

Hillcresthome Prims said...

WOO HOO, CONGRATS Val, You are a lucky duck!! Also Happy Thanksgiving to you Val and your family and to you Mom and Hubby!!!!!

Enjoy your Tahnksgiving dinner and say hi to your friend and her daughter,
Love you daughter,
Tricia

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I am so sorry I was writting fast and spelled Thanksgiving wrong and I put you, instead of your(daughter) I am silly for sure!