My Friends

Monday, April 25, 2011

Thank you for stopping by

   
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog. I sometimes wonder if I am doing this for me or for others to enjoy. I like to think it is for both.
We had a very nice Easter Sunday just enjoying each others company. We had one guest over for dinner and it was just a nice simple Sunday together with a friend
I remember when there were little ones that we needed to get up early to hide the eggs and make up the Easter Baskets the night before. It seems like every year it has gotten more commercialized and less for the real reason of the day itself. But then that is up to my daughters to decide how they want to establish their own traditions for the Easter holiday for their own families now. I remember getting new Easter dresses to wear to church along with an Easter bonnets too. Oh yes, let us not forget the gloves. Now days we are lucky if we can get the kids to go to church. This picture is an image I took from the website but it totally depicts what I am trying to say.
Now this is me. Yep, my mother used to always dress me in ruffles and lace and little paten-leather Mary-Janes.
I have to admit I looked adorable. Heheh but can you imagine parents doing that now days? I can't. Its all cotton and a little frills but not like it used to be.
I recall one Easter when my bangs wouldn't lay down so I cut them almost up to the scalp. I thought my mother would have a heart attack. She took hair from the back of that area, combed it forward and gave me a few more bangs then what I left.
The top picture on the left is the one where I gave my self a hair cut and the next is the following Easter. I always had a new Easter outfit and some horrid nylon gloves that to this day I can't stand the sound of feeling of nylon or silk being rubbed together. It is like scratching a chalk board to me. I would sit with my fingers spread wide open so I didn't have to hear or feel that sound. Weird huh?





 What I am trying to say is that times change everything and they have certainly changed the way we look at things now. I suppose that is why I lean to the primitive aspect of decor, my thinking, my way of life and me in general. I prefer the way it used to be with the exception of this awesome computer. heheh
Now we can all share our feelings, family, and events with our friends and readers and I am so grateful to all of you for taking time to read my monologue and see through it all as to what I am trying to say. Thanks for letting me share a bit of my past with you all. Will you look at that car.
Thank you all for being here. And I look forward to many more visits from you all.

4 comments:

Debra said...

I think you are probably doing it for both!
Great pics!

CRAFTY STITCHERS said...

I, also, remember getting an EAster dress and the hunt for real eggs, not the plastic ones. Have a great week

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I long for those good old days, too. My kids want to do their own holiday things instead of my old fashioned ways. We get invited to their houses. I always dreamed they would all come home for every holiday and we would cook and bake. The kids would play. The men would watch sports. The women would be in the kitchen all day, chatting away. It's not that way at all. sigh.....
★Linda★

Jan said...

Oh Linda, you hit it right on the head, That is exactly what I am talking about. I always wanted everyone to come home for the holidays but it never happens. Well, for one thing, our home would hold everyone but we could deal with that with a RV in the driveway or two. I have 11 grand children and kids can sleep anywhere. Young bodies are more flexible.
Thanks for your comments Linda and everyone