My Friends

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Its a Violet Saturday Morning

I just love watching my Violets bloom. These Violets are 3 and 4 years old and just love living under the kitchen window. The pink one was given to me by a dear friend here in Oregon that I taught how to weave pine needle baskets and the dark blue one came from a fellow member of Dave's Garden on an exchange for a pine needle basket as did the lighter one too.
They look especially nice on a sunny morning like this morning.

Like I say it is a Violet morning and I am hoping that the sun stays out long enough for me to get outside and do a little more weeding. I did get the front yard mowed yesterday with the mower on high. I then lowered it to mow it a little closer and the dad gum thing wouldn't start so I am going to give it another try today providing the sun cooperates with me and the mower too.

Of course Phoebe is in her usual morning mode of nap time. I think that she sleeps more then she is awake but I think that is what is causing to grow so much.
Well, I got her bowling ball out. I have to watch her though as she likes to pick it up and I am afraid she is going to hurt her teeth.



So I am off to try and make my front yard a little more presentable to the public eye or at least to my own eyes. 
Have a wonderful Saturday and enjoy life as it is.
Once we discover how to appreciate the timeless values in our daily experiences, we can enjoy the best things in life.
~Harry Hepner



2 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Hi Jan, long time no visit:) Your violets are beautiful! Unfortunately I don't have a green thumb nor good dirt. Maybe I shouldn't give up trying though:)
What's Phoebe's best bowling score? LOL.
Carol

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love the puppies enjoying outside and those beautiful violets!