My Friends

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

* * *3 Days Till She Arrives * * *



I am so excited, that I can't hardly sleep. My dear Daughter Susan is coming on Friday and I am just beside myself. It has been 12 long years since we last saw each other. I just wish we had more time but we will make the most of the time we have. Be prepared for a long posting when she leaves as I am going to take loads of photos.
I am anticipating seeing her for the first time in 12 years. 
I can only imagine. I am going to have to have someone take a photo of us.
I will be making the trip alone to pick her up.
~~~~Woo Hoo ~~~~! ! !
Depoe Bay is one of the main places and Gracie's Sea Hag Restaurant is one of our favorites and where I used to work many many moons ago.

Gracie and her family. She used to play the bottle in the bar with mixing spoons.
Depoe Bay is the smallest boat harbor in the United States. It was damaged a bit during the tsunami this year.
Then we will be off to Newport which is just 6 miles west of where we live now.
Yaquina Lighthouse just outside of town.

Mo's restaurant is one of our old favorites so we will have to go there
This is my Favorite Chowder place now and it is in the old Nye Beach area of Newport.

Okay, Susan if I got the old chowder taste buds going you best hurry up and get here. heheh
Our Sweet Home Town now

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I know the anticipation you are feeling. I met my oldest daughter for the first time in 1997. I was scared to death. I actually took my daughter, Sara, with me. She was super excited to have a sister. To explain in short, I was raped, became pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption--a decision I immediately regretted. We had both contacted the adoption agency as soon as we were able( when she became 18 ). We have been friends since and discovered she is more like me than I could have imagined. I hope my story eases your anxiety. I know in my heart that it will all be perfect.
*Linda*

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I can't imagine not seeing my kid for that long!
I whined when I didn't see him for 3 yrs...I have been to Depot Bay and Newport, but it has been years. I didn't get to see the ocean the last time I came out, you are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country! Have a great visit and I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen