My Friends

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just finished Kara's Rooster

Well, I just finished up Kara's Rooster for the little girl that created the picture. I made it into a pillow for her so now I need to get it sent off so that she can appreciate her creativity in another form.

This is my first rug hook with yarn. I thought I would start out with yarn and then on to bigger and better materials. I have the cut wool that I plan on using next I think that I am going to use a different pic though. I just have a problem duplicating too often. I am thinking along the line of a bee Skep. This is the one I have in mind.

I think that this will work great for a rug hook. The Skep itself looks like a rug hook to me. Now just to decide on the color scheme.

Still raining or I should say its raining again. We did have a couple of days of sunshine sort of. At least it was dry, sort of. It's going to take about a week of dry to allow for all the moisture in the ground to absorb so I can start digging and planting. It's just too wet to dig as I just end up with mud.

I am really getting tired of washing 8 little feet 6 times a day when my little furry friends come back inside. I was just wiping them off but it has gotten a little more in depth these days. With beige carpeting I sort of need to be a little more aggressive with the muddy feet.
So, I am off like a dirty shirt to see what other kind of trouble I can get into. I am still having a blast watching the Eagles and eaglets nesting on http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/decorah-eagles
I get so engrossed with the three little creatures. They really are developing their own personalities.
Hugs everyone.

3 comments:

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

That pillow is too sweet! That is so exciting that she created it and you brought it to life. Great job!

Jan said...

thanks Tina, I hope she enjoys it too. I am trying to get some of the local kids to draw me some pictures that I can use in my needle work.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the rooster! The colors really show it off! We've turned the eagle cam on a few times, too and what fun to see those baby chicks! I've been too busy to sit down and watch lately! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs! ♥