My Friends

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another nice day and No slipping

I hesitated before I walked out the door to make sure I had my trekking boots on with tread thicker then my car tires so I wouldn't slip on anything. I also made sure that I had my cell phone just in case my shoes didn't work I could call for help. Heheh We were safe and sound all the way home.
I have a good Mexican Stew cooking in the slow cooker and boy oh boy does it smell yummy. I will give you the recipe and I promise if you like Mexican food you will love this as we do.
Then I made a spice caramel cake for desert.
Slow cooker Mexican Beef Stew

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time : 11 hours 35 Min in a slow cooker on low. I precook my stew meat however and it take about 5 Hours total.
Makes 6 servings

2 lb beef stew meat
1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
1 large onion cubed or 1 cup frozen onion (from 1-lb bag)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 package Taco Seasoning mix
1 can (15 oz)  black beans drained and rinsed
1 can (11 oz) Green Giant Mexicorn whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained

1 Mix beef, tomatoes, onions and chilli powder in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker
2 Cover and cook on low heat setting 9-11 hours ( but as I say, if you precook your stew meat it takes less time) or until beef is tender
3 Stir in taco seasoning mix, drained and rinsed black beans, and corn. Cover and cook on high heat setting 15 - 30 minutes until thickened.
Serve over tortilla chips and top with a few more crumbled along with a dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheddar cheese. Oh yes and if you like a sprinkling of Cilantro just gives it that added flavor that the good Mexican food has.
Yummy!!!
This is great on a cold night or on Super Bowl Sunday

I have also been busy working on my cross stitches as this is where they stand so far.















So that is what I did with my day today.
I am still anxiously awaiting my punch needle tool so I can start my new projects.
I hate to waste a minute of a day if I can help it. Life is just too short to waste
Hugs to all of you and I do hope you will try the Mexican Stew.

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I made stew one night this week but I would love to try the Mexican twist! And making it in the slow cooker is a great idea! Hope you enjoy your sewing! I need to get busy! The weather here has been good so I get outside more! Hugs to you, my friend! You've really made my day brighter today! ♥

Firecracker Kid said...

oh boy, you can tell it's Winter everyone's talking about and fixing food! Yum! So glad you didn't fall down today:)
Hugs~Carol