My Friends

Sunday, March 13, 2011

 This poem is my feeling regarding the tsunami and how I was feeling but now I realize that even though the people of Japan feel abandoned they are never alone as are we never alone.

Footprints in the Sand
 
 
        One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
             Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                  In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                       Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                           other times there were one set of footprints.
 
                                  This bothered me because I noticed
                                that during the low periods of my life,
                             when I was suffering from
                         anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                     I could see only one set of footprints.
 
          So I said to the Lord,
      "You promised me Lord,
         that if I followed you,
             you would walk with me always.
                   But I have noticed that during
                          the most trying periods of my life
                                 there have only been one
                                       set of footprints in the sand.
                                           Why, when I needed you most,
                                          you have not been there for me?"
 
                                 The Lord replied,
                          "The times when you have
                  seen only one set of footprints,
          is when I carried you."
                                                   Mary Stevenson
 
 

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's a good time to post this, Jan. We all need the encouragement! Extra HUGS coming your way! ♥♥♥

Ladybug said...

Perfect Jan for posting the Footprints Poem
wonderful express of encouragement which we
all need....More Extra Hugs my Friend coming
your way....

Blessings
Trish....