My Friends

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Feeling Grateful



I want to begin with thanking all of those that commented on my last post. It has reminded me to be greatful for the things we have and not to complain as things and life in general can always be much worse somewhere else.
So I am very grateful for my family and my friends and that I do have a roof over my head and that life, no matter how difficult it may be at times could always be worse somewhere else. So I just want to say.
Thank You God for being there for us and watching over those less fortunate then me.
The spots on the picture are raindrops on the lens.
So my friends, what is happening in your neck of the woods. We are getting more rain and by the time that Summer arrives we should be well watered. I doubt that I will have to water all summer. Heheh
I can't wait to get out there and start clean up in my yard and garden. I have taken to just dipping my dogs feet in warm soapy water as they come in instead of just wiping them off as the mud has gotten a little heavier. Then I dry them off. Thank God I don't have a doggy door or my house would look as muddy as the yard. Heheh
I have been working diligently on my Punch needle work and I am looking forward to starting a new project of rug hooking. I think that is going to be a little more work intensive as I will have to be cutting loads of strips for hooking unless I can find a good source and not too expensive place to buy them.

I found a great web site that has given me renewed inspiration for my Water Colors
I used to teach water color and paint all the time but once I got into the beading of my gourds I lost interest in water color painting. This is one of my beaded gourds that I used to make a lot of but have sort of lost intrest in those too. Very time intensive and hard on the wrists and hands and  caused me to have to have two major hand surgeries to fuse bones and remove two bones from under the thumbs. I am hoping that my new projects will be easier on the hands.
On this website she uses her Water Colors as patterns for her punch needle and rug hooking so it can all work together http://rugsandpaintings.typepad.com/
 I can see a nice water color with a rug to match or pillow too.
Sounds like I have got my work cut out for me.

Phoebe and Wallace are feeling a little neglected as I am a fair weather walker and we haven't had many dry days so I may have to adorn the ole raincoat and just go for it. I am sure they won't mind. At least Phoebe doesn't. I think she is part dog fish. eheheh she loves playing in the rain.
So my friends, family and followers, I hope that you can all find something to be grateful for and if not then just be grateful to be alive. I am. I thank God every morning I wake up for giving me another day here in this wonderful place we call earth.
Until tomorrow TTFN

4 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I wondered where you had been or how I had missed your posts. I, too, share my gratitude with all who venture onto my blog.
Happy to see you back.
★Linda★

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A very touching post, sweet Jan. I am grateful for all of my blessings but this is indeed a sobering time for us all. Warm hugs coming your way this afternoon! I just got back from a park that has signs with scriptures and peaceful sayings all along the paths so I am uplifted now! ♥♥♥

Jan said...

I didn't realize I had been gone for so long Linda but I was so consumed by my punch needle that I forgot to post to my regular blog. Thanks for noticing.
How wonderful Diane. I am sure it must have been a very enduring walk for you.Thank you so much for your visits and comments.

Ladybug said...

Yes we are so blessed, each and every day
Thanking the Lord for his many Blessings he
has given us... How uplifting Diane to have
scriptures posted along the pathway...Thanks
Jan for the awesome post of sharing with
encouraging thoughts

Hugs/ Blessings
Trish :-)