My Friends

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I am so Excited

This is an update on my newest WIP. I have now got it transferred onto the backing so I can begin as soon as I have all my wool.

I am so excited about my newest endeavor. I am going to do a rug hooking of my dear sweet William Wallace. I am sketching from a photo of him and I was going to use that as my pattern but now I am thinking that I may just take and have the original photo blown up and keep this as a picture to frame. Isn't he just the sweetest little guy?
I was worried that Phoebe may be bothered by this picture but I guess dogs don't see a photo like we do. I think their prospective is different. She looked at it but not like she recognized the picture but just as it being something that I was doing. To me is is just a great dose of therapy of letting go yet being able to hold on to his sweet face in my heart and soon on my wall. I hope that the rug hooking comes out as nice as his sketch. The hair may be a bit of a challenge. I may resort to using some wool yarn in some areas just to allow for the detail to come through. I think the wool strips might not be small enough to show the fine hairs.
We shall see. Will keep you updated.

3 comments:

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Hey Jan, that is an awesome sketch of William Wallace! I know that you have the talent to make a wonderful rug from your sketch and I am looking forward to seeing it!

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is a wonderful project! I know you'll enjoy making it! Have a nice holiday weekend, my friend! ♥

Андрей said...

dude, thank you very much! its really cool! hope this букмекеры will be interesting for you.