My Friends

Monday, December 20, 2010

Least We Not Forget

Least we not forget
In all the hustle and bustle of our preparations for Christmas day, we have a tendency to forget what we are really celebrating. We all become so stressed and wrapped up in making sure that Carol has gotten all she wanted and Bobby has got that special DVD that we forget to give a gift to that one special person on our list whose birthday is the reason we are celebrating this special day. I am absolutely not beyond reproach and I had to stop and take a step back this morning as I started to stress about the fact that I haven't been able to afford to send all my gifts that I worked so hard on to make sure that they were done for Christmas day. Well, they will all get sent and the recipients know that they are coning but the one person that I forgot to get that most precious gift for needs to be recognized and something special done. I can't afford to make any contributions but I can afford to donate a gift or two and to also make a special effort to let Jesus Christ know that I am so grateful to his birth and his presence in my life. He has always been there when I needed him and has helped me so many tough times throughout my life that I am planning on attending a church service in his honor. I don't normally worship in a particular building and don't feel a need to, just to prove that I believe 
to anyone other then myself. 
I also just receive a phone call from my Daughter in Colorado that had some wonderful news to share and rather then tell you all about it maybe you can take a moment to to and read about it for your self on her blog.

So in closing this Christmas posting I just want to take a moment and thank all of you, my followers and friends and fellow bloggers for joining in on my swaps and exchanges and thank you all for being there when I need your strength in my low times. You are all so dear to me 
Merry Christmas to you all and I wish for a Very Happy and
prosperous New Year too.
Big Christmas Hugs and Licks from our family to yours.
Jan, Greg, Phoebe and William Wallace
Merry Christmas



I also want to share some pictures of my entry room tree that was given to me by some very dear neighbors when they went to cut their tree they got one for me too. 


All the ornaments on this little tree are ones that I received this year and some from the past. Also, just thought I would mention that our little Phoebe turned 1 year old on the 6th. She is just a little 90 lb lap puppy 

2 comments:

Firecracker Kid said...

Thank you Jan for this post. I too remind myself of the real reason for the season during all the hustle and bustle taking place.
That was a wonderful act of kindness for your daughter to have grandma's things. Precious heirlooms:)
Merry Christmas,
Carol

Ladybug said...

Thank you so much Jan for the "Awesome" Post
Reminding us all to Reflect upon the "True"
menaing of Christmas,What a wonderful sweet
daughter you have, You are blessed....
Merry Christmas, Jan, Greg, and all those
Critters too :-)
Hugs
Trish-Ladybug