My Friends

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another wonderful day in the neighboor hood


I wanted to post this picture of my little setting atop of Phoebe's kennel. Its a large kennel and is just another piece of furniture in our living room so I decorate it as if it were a mantel peice, so to speak


The card that is in the middle with the photograph is a picture of dear friends of ours of whom the woman in the photographed passed away this year  and we just wanted to make sure that she knows that she is not forgotten. I always post photos of family members that have passed on our tree just so that we can always remember to share our Holiday seasons with those that are no longer with us in body but will always be with us in spirit.
I just finished another Cinnamon ornament, I still have more to finish but they take time and the drying time is the longest as they are fairly thick.

These are a few that I have to complete and another that I already did for a friend of mine. I also have shown what I use for the gold leaf. I use a hot glue gun to design where I want the gold leaf. I draw it out, let it cool then appy the gold leaf. I sticks to the dry hot glue. Don't let it get cold before applying but not sticky.

6 comments:

michelle said...

the kennel looks great!I wish we could decorate our kennel,everything we put on top gets pulled through and chewed up.have a great day !blessings michelle

PixieLady57 said...

Awesome job on the ornaments and the display.

Deb said...

LOL, love Phoebe's kennel decorations, she looks very happy snoozing underneath all of the Christmas goodies. Lovely idea to have photos of departed loved ones front and center in your decorations Jan, thanks for sharing, Deb

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Phoebe is probably feeling very special! Lucky girl!
★Linda★
Please consider losing the word verification to make your posts more blogger-friendly by making commenting easier. You can always employ the owner approval. I am on a mission to make blogs more reader friendly, enabling us to read more and leave more comments! Thanks!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You made a pretty spot for your Christmas decor..everyone can enjoy it! Love what you're making now, too! Hugs! ♥

Ladybug said...

Jan you sure have great idees, Love what your
are creating now...
Hugs.....