My Friends

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I bet your sayin, Now why don't she write?? heheh

Do you know how sometimes you get so involved with a project that you sort of push everything else to the wayside and sort of forget all the other obligations that you should be doing. Well, sorry my dear friends and followers, you sort have been ignored the last few days. I apologize to you all. This is where I have been and what I have been up to. I hope you will forgive my ignoring you for so many days.

I have been working in the garden and also on a challenge for a forum that I belong to, "Prim Pals Forum" http://primpals.proboards.com/index.cgi?.
We have a challenge to make each month that we can choose to participate in or not. We all are given the same pattern and then we decide how to complete it, what medium we are going to make it out of. The pattern is a very simple and basic scarecrow. It is almost childlike. So I decided that this was the perfect pattern to try my hand at rug hooking.So now you can say that  I am, what you called, Hooked on rug hooking. I have been so afraid to start it but I haven't a clue why. It is so easy and the results are much faster then my punch needle projects which I dearly love to do. I love it but I am going to have to start looking for scrape wool to cut. I bought my first collection of strips but I can already tell I am going to need a much larger choice of colors and variations. Look out thrift stores, here I come.
This is the pattern and this is where I am so far. Yes the image is reversed as I am so used to doing it that way for my punch needle projects, that I didn't think about the fact that the side that the pattern is printed on is the front side. On Punch needle its the back and when you turn your piece over you have to correct image. Oh well, live and learn. hehe. I think he is coming out just great. Like I say its a very simple design but great for my first project. After this one look out. I am ready for the big guns. heheh .

 Okay, Now this is what else I have been working on. Check out this huge strawberry we harvested yesterday . I have placed it close to some other fruit to show you just how big it really is. And if that isn't enough then Phoebe will verify that she is already drooling for this biggy. heheh
This is her favorite dessert item. When we are in the garden I have to keep a close eye on her. She sticks her huge nose into the plants looking for the ripe ones. Yep, she will pass on the green ones and go for the big ripe juicy ones. When she saw this one she immediately claimed it as her own but I have other ideas. Well maybe its big enough to share it with my favorite furry friend. She is a good helper. heheh Yea, right!

I don't know if you follow Prairie Flower Farm, but they just had a very sad day on the 14th of July. Her precious Granddaughter, Ellianna, lost her long battle with life. She has had difficulties ever since she was born but at least they had 4 months of joy with this sweet little soul. Now she is in the arm of Jesus and is suffering no longer. 
this is sweet Ellianna.
If you get a moment you may want to stop by her blog and leave you condolences .http://prairieflowerfarm.blogspot.com/
God bless you sweet Ellianna.

No comments: