My Friends

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Okay, now for some basketry.

A


I used to make a lot of Pine Needle Baskets until I, all of a sudden, developed an allergy to the pine needles. 
I was very very disappointed as I loved making the baskets but at least I can say I did it and I sold and bartered with many of them.

Here are a few of my favorites. This was my very first basket. I think that my dear sweet MIL put claims on that right off. hehe
This one I made for my dear sweet daughter, Summer Rose







And so this is just another part of my self put into my work. I really enjoyed the feel and the smell of the pine needle baskets. I suppose I could switch and use a different material but I haven't as of yet. It has sort of taken a back burner much like my gourd beading has. This was a little cracker basket that I made for a friend. 
I am much more into the fabric and stitching right now in my life but who knows what I will be doing tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day in my life.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Jan...you are so versatile!!! I love these baskets, and have often thought of making some from needles around here. Did you collect your own needles, or buy them? Where did you learn how to do this??? They are really awesome!!!