My Friends

Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's Done !!!

Well, another one done. I feel good about this one but just wish that the detail showed up better. Well, I am sure that with time and practice it will all improve but it isn't bad.

This is the one that I am going to start on now. It is called Sheep Gathering by Little House Needle Works
As you can probable guess I like sheep. 

Life goes on in the house of Mackay. Puppies are content and so is the Dear Sweet Hubby. 
I found an awesome Nativity scene at an antique store that is closing up. It was listed for $50 and if I waited till Sunday everything is going to be marked down half price. Well, my daughter has been wanting a nice one for a long time and I didn't want to take a chance that this one would be bought up. 
This one has 14 pieces and is in perfect condition with the exception  of Josephs thumb with I may have broken when I was taking it off the shelf to put into the box. I heard a clink but can't remember if it was Joseph that I was handling when I heard it.  It is good size and in one of the pictures I have put a soup can in to give you an idea as to its size.

So that is what is happening in our little corner of the world. Life goes on and at least
I can be grateful for no snow and my families health. We are blessed.
Have a great weekend and I am going back to my Needle Punch Work.
You might say that I am Punch Drunk, Heheheh

4 comments:

just me said...

wow you did a incredible job! used to do needle punch when i was young, a gift from my gramma. though in those years in the 70's it was all unicorns and rainbows!:) makes me want to get it out and try something again.

Jan said...

Oh you should, I am having a blast and there are so many more patterns out there now and you can make up some of your own too.

Susan R said...

Punch Drunk? Good one.
Can't wait to get the nativity scene, it's exactly what I would choose if I were doing the choosing.
I love those sheep, the farmer looks like an Amish man, no? The one you are going to start on looks really cute.
Have a Happy Healthy Day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this needlework...the detail is amazing! I love sheep, too...and hanging out here looking at what you're working on now! I made myself a new apron today! Finally I sewed something! heehee! Hugs! ♥♥♥